ICBC Locations that are IMPORT Friendly

Discussion in 'BC' started by Dah_Hunter, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Ting180sx

Ting180sx New Member

I'm picking up my car on friday. Any one went to tried Sussex insurance agency- 805 Boyd st Walmart recently?

2. Prostrho

Prostrho New Member

Reposted from another thread.

Finally got my car registered.

Again, as Dah Hunter says, if the ICBC autoplan broker needs to call ICBC to verify if the forms are acceptable, you can grab your paper work and leave to go to another store.

Due to close proximity to work, I went to Park Insurance on Kingways close to Griffith. They said they had dealt with JDM vehicles before when I called, and they seem familiar with the process. Went there at lunch today to hopefully get the registration done quickly over my lunch break.

Unfortunately they had to call ICBC to verify if my paperwork was acceptable.
    They questioned about my Customs coding form B3-3 from my import broker, and it should be a different type of form. They then had to fax over everything and call ICBC to determine if my paperwork was ok. That's when they told me that ICBC wanted a Certified Translated export certificate. At this point I said thank you, grabbed my paperwork and went to another insurance agency.

I decided to take a long lunch and went to my usual Autoplan on No3 Rd in Richmond at the Superstore where I have registered another JDM before.

Went there and was out of there within 30min with car registered and plated.

3. _drew

_drew New Member

3 Road autoplan under superstore is the BEST place to go for anything! I only use them! BEST!!!

4. Xanicron

Xanicron I'm trying

Going to pickup a vehicle from the port myself for the first time tomorrow. Just got my TOP done at the Sussex in the Langford Superstore, they do a lot of business and seem to know their stuff, was in and out in about 10 mins. My first stop was Seafirst at Hatley Plaza, which I do not recommend. They had to call ICBC and asked for the B3, so I told them I'll just go elsewhere. The agent seemed to take it a little personally as she wouldn't tell me what plates they had in after that, even though I've been buying insurance at this location since before it was Seafirst, and they've never refused to show me the plates before.

Anyone else picking up tomorrow?

5. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

What are you getting..

Also lol. ICBC agents always take it serious when you try and tell them they are doing they job wrong. So once you find someone thats good stick with them. :)
    I picked up all the cars for the moment, i wont be going down there

6. Xanicron

Xanicron I'm trying

Picking up a Jimny from BeForward. I'll post up a thread when I get it settled at home.

Honestly, I usually try and avoid Walmart and Superstore agencies because I figure their agents are most stressed due to the traffic the receive, but they worked quite well in this case.

7. trev

trev New Member

If they are confused, INSIST they call vehicle registration dept. Do not let them under any circumstance have them call their "regular support line". They will find some reason to discredit your paperwork. Vehicle registration, the number on the BC assigned VIN form is the quickest most painless process if the agent just can't hammer everything through on their own.

8. JM16

JM16 New Member

Newton Insurance Services Inc
    Kwantlen Square
    #103 - 12568 72nd Avenue
    Surrey, B.C. V3W 2M6
    604-598-7777
    Info@newtoninsurance.ca

Great service!
    Just show up with the documents you require, and they will help you get on your way!
    They don't do too many JDM imports, but they are more than happy to help!

trev likes this.
  9. Pluj

Pluj New Member

+1 for Sussex insurance Richmond (Under Superstore). Car was registered in 30min.

10. RyanV

RyanV Member

Anyone know if any of these recommended places will register a Euro spec car with a 17 digit VIN, but only one VIN location?

11. Prostrho

Prostrho New Member

Just wondering what car was it for?

I had an issue with the E39 with only the VIN on the shock tower, but I was able to find a 2nd VIN on the ECU. That allowed me to have the 2nd VIN location as required by ICBC.

RyanV likes this.
  12. RyanV

RyanV Member

Awesome, thanks, I'll check there! :)

13. Pajerist

Pajerist New Member

SCHILL Insurance
    435A North Road
    Coquitlam, BC
    V3K 3V9

ph.604-937-7731

Open on Saturdays.

It was the fastest registration ever, - no questions asked.
    Highly recommend them.

14. RyanV

RyanV Member

Another vote for Sussex on No. 3 Road. I went in and 25 mins later I walked out with my car registered and plated :D

_drew likes this.
  15. Metalbox

Metalbox New Member

I highly recommend anyone who needs to register their rhd/jdm cars goes to this auto insurance broker. i went to 2 other broker and callled like 3 other places, most other insurance broker have no idea how to deal with jdm cars. one of the broker told me to write story of how i got the car and get the letter notorized, wtf. another broker told me to get certified translator to translate the export certificate even i aleady shown him the english translated certifacte from exporter:( then i saw this thread and called ironwood insurance, they help me register and insure the car within 1 hour no hassle, they are really the expert for registering rhd vehicle, 100% worth the trip to go even you live far away.

16. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Good info in here guys.

Also update:
    My Buddy Kyle now working at:
    Godoy's Insurance
    19985 96 Ave, Langley, BC V1M 3C6

He has been registering cars for me and my clients for almost 7 years now at least.
    Also got the Girls updated so they know, so if he is off its still a good place to go.

17. gjeff12

gjeff12 New Member

Another spot for Island people like myself. Just went to Coast Capital in Mill Bay for my temp permit. I was asked if I had my form 1, but once I confirmed that I absolutely must/will have it for the full registration it was no problem at all. Definitely will be going back there. Bonus is that it's open until 6 on Fridays.

(Interesting but irrelevant fact: the guy I talked to also issued me my L license many years ago)