I need some f***ing insurance.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by thewrongside, Mar 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. thewrongside

thewrongside New Member

Any companies either only in Ontario (where I live) or Nationwide that 100% will insure RHD? I've talked to broker after broker and nothing.

2. pitty

pitty likes the tuna here

Short answer, no. Not without caveats.

Long answer, everyone in Ontario has a legal right to insurance for whatever they want to drive, so Facility Association will insure your RHD. The downside is, they're a high-risk insurance pool, and the rates will be high - expect twice as high as mainstream market insurance, if not worse. Many don't consider this a valid option because of how expensive it is.

I also stumbled upon this in the past, maybe give them a try and check if you qualify.

3. thewrongside

thewrongside New Member

Buddy sold his R33 because of Facility's costs, so I don't really want to go down that road. And I was going to check Mitchel & Whale tomorrow. Do you have any other names for me?

4. pitty

pitty likes the tuna here

I've been out of the loop on specific companies - generally none of them actually want to do it, but some mainstream insurers will cave if you bring them enough side business with low risk (LHD daily, home insurance, a decade of clean record, etc). Brokers will often dismiss you if you just ask them for a quote on a Skyline as it's not worth their time.

Sorry if that's not much help, RHD insurance in Ontario has been brutal since like 2010.

5. IanB

IanB New Member

Try Federated Insurance. Direct marketer, no brokers. Last I heard they weren't sending anything to Faculty, but that was about 4 years ago already.