Honda Z

Discussion in 'Honda' started by Dah_Hunter, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Pic'ed up this little guy today for someone that we know who loves his mini cars:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MOtor hiding under the back seat:
    [​IMG]

2. Megatol

Megatol Mr. Toyota

Cool car! All of them are 4WD, right?
    Did you fit inside? :)

How it drives on highway? I personally never drove key car but I read that they don't go faster than 100km/h.

3. Dah_Hunter

In my video i talk about how well or not well i fit.. lol.

video to come soon..

drives on the highway like every other 660 Kei car i have been in..

5000RPM at 100KMH.. so not great.. but good enough for quick highway drives.

4. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

Hilarious car! Man I love some of the stuff that comes out of Japan.

5. Lethbridge_man

Lethbridge_man New Member

Haha! I love how it is chest-high on you, Ben! And to be honest, it was a real toss-up between the Z and a Daihatsu Terios Kid. I loved them both, but I prefer a 2-door over a 4-door, and hey - who doesn't like the idea of a mid-engined SUV? :D

And Ben - just think of how you'll ache and curse me when I eventually buy a Suzuki Twin and ask you to pick it up for me - you'll have to have a chiropractor waiting at the house to help you unfold. :)

(Mind you - you did manage to drive the Daihatsu Midget II back to your place, and you lived to tell the tale!)

6. _drew

_drew New Member

unreal!

Can you post a picture of your collection for all us to see?!

7. Soren

Soren Hiatus is the best way to control the urges..

wow! Ross, nice pick up. I'm jealous of that one for sure. Very cool looking, and so tidy. Nice pick-up. Some day, I'm going to have to make the drive down to lethbridge to see you, and your rides!

8. Lethbridge_man

Drew - I took a picture just for you. ;)

And Soren - I moved to Cranbrook, B.C. this summer. But you're more than welcome to visit me here as well! I suppose I should change my username now, huh?

Here are some pictures from this weekend:

A picture that makes my wife cringe...

[​IMG]

From one Honda to another:

[​IMG]

The day it arrived in Cranbrook (with Craig Gibbon, importer extraordinaire in the background):

[​IMG]

Me trying not to grin too much, and failing:

[​IMG]

When you drive kei vehicles, comparisons with "normal" cars are obligatory:

[​IMG]

I have plenty more, but they're all variations on the same theme, so I'll spare you the boredom.

Happy motoring everyone!

9. _drew

_drew New Member

Thanks for the pics! I cant decide which one I love the most.. but I am a honda guy at heart, so the Z gets my vote.

Awesome collection for sure!

10. Dah_Hunter

nice pics ross.. glad everything worked out..

:)

11. Lethbridge_man

Everything turned out great, Ben - thanks again for everything!

12. robbieg

robbieg Does this and that from time to time

Are you going to finish the nissan retro line one day. Get the Pao, S-Cargo and Be-1?
    Sooooo much jealously. Love the cars. Love the lineup photo. Love the everything!

13. Lethbridge_man

My wife has already put me on notice... So as much as I'd love to have the complete collection, the reality of this happening is pretty slim! There are so many other cars I'd love to own as well (hey - don't we all on this board?) - I'd love to have the ABC trifecta as well! (Autozam, Beat, Cappuccino). The microvans intrigue me to no end, and I LOVE the Mitsubishi Minica Toppo Town Bee (hell, just for the name alone!) But hopefully there are more people in Canada who can begin bringing some of the more esoteric cars in, just to liven things up at all the car shows across this country. Goodness knows we don't need any more Camaros out there...

14. Soren

Soren Hiatus is the best way to control the urges..

haha! right you are Ross! :{P

15. Lethbridge_man

I love mid-engined vehicles!

[​IMG]

And snow at the Kimberley ski hill? No problemo!

[​IMG]

Hope you all had a great Christmas!

16. robbieg

robbieg Does this and that from time to time

LOVE LOVE LOVE
    MORE!
    ~how much was the Z registered on your driveway? Does it highway?

17. Lethbridge_man

Haha - enough that my wife/allowance allocation agent decreed that not just one, but an entire drove of pigs will have to be seen in a V-formation high above my head before I am able to even begin the grovelling process of importing another JDM vehicle from beginning to end... :|

It does well enough on the highway for what it is and where it comes from. It's smooth and comfortable, and not overly loud (considering where the engine is situated), and being a 660cc engine, it sips fuel like an iPad uses up battery power. It revs a little high, but it is still just purring. I'm sure that when I put better-quality tires on it, it will be even more comfortable. These Japanese-spec tires just always seem to be a tad rough, I don't know why.

It's safely ensconced in a garage for now, patiently awaiting the salt and rocks to be cleared from the roads. I plan to drive it a lot this spring, summer, and fall!

Cheers;

Ross

18. dagleykd

dagleykd Kei fan extraordinaire!

Awesome Kei! Love your other rides as well (especially the AZ-1 and Figaro!)....I'd consider a Figaro for myself someday, but I would prefer a manual trans., which the Figgy never came with :( . The AZ-1s have simply climbed out of my potential price range at this point, unfortunately......they are amazing though, still one of my favorite sporty cars of all time!

So...I guess Suzuki Wagon R RR, Suzuki Kei, or Suzuki Alto Works for me someday (hopefully)! :D Most likely one of the two former, the Alto Works have been climbing in price too.

I knew Keis would have to rev high on the highway, but 5000 seems quite high, higher than I thought. If and when I get a Kei, my longest highway journey would be about 50mins to visit some friends in Halifax here. Would an hour of highway put a huge beating on such little engines at such high RPMs...?

19. Lethbridge_man

The Figaro and the AZ-1 are two anomalies: cars that are appreciating in value.

An hour of highway driving does wonders for a kei car - they love high revs! It's a regularly-scheduled Italian tuneup. :)

I've heard that the Alto Works is one of the true automotive wonders of the world - you'd never regret it!

20. dagleykd

dagleykd Kei fan extraordinaire!

I imagine I'd have quite a lot of fun with it! :D Glad to see somebody here who shares my quirky random love of Keis, haha! There are next to none around here...a few places import the Kei trucks and the odd Kei Van, but that's all I've ever seen in person :(.

The closest I ever got to one is a towing company a few minutes down the road from here...they have a bright yellow Honda Acty Kei truck that they have a mini tow boom/winch on that they used to go fish out 4-wheelers on the trails when they got stuck / broken down. It's been sitting on their front lawn for like 2 years now (according to it's last NS inspection sticker / the weeds growing up around it). I glanced all all around and under it, but couldn't get inside - locked. It's not TOO rusty looking, a few dents and dings...sometimes I wish I had the money / mechanical skills to buy it off them and fix it up, but alas I'm poor, haha!

Wish I lived closer - I'd love to come visit just to see some thoroughly "up close" for the first time!

How much was the Z, all told?