GooNet and GooAuto

Discussion in 'USA' started by BraydonR, Jul 31, 2015.

1. BraydonR

BraydonR New Member

Hi Everyone,

I am brand new here and I'm sure that my questions are very basic. I am looking to export a Nissan S-Cargo from Japan to Santa Barbara, California. I know it's over 25 years old. so that doesn't worry as much as actually getting it here and being able to drive it out of the port.

I originally got in contact with AmazingAutoImports in Canada. They seem very legit and from what I've read they are. Then I found GooNet and 3 different S-Cargo's that were in better shape with more features I wanted on GooNet. i was then directed by Goo Net to Goo Auto, which didn't have the same cars as Goo Net, which weirded me out slightly.

I'm wondering if anyone has gone through GooNet before and how legitimate they are and also, even if the car I want is 50% less on GooNet as compared to AmazingAutoImports, will the hassle and inevitable costs be the same in the end? I just don't want my car sitting in the Long Beach Port for a week or a month racking up $200 a day. That would defeat the whole purpose. So any help on what site to use and the best steps to take would be incredible. I did read through the Guide to Importing in this thread and it was very good. Just wanted to get a little more specific. Thank you so much for your time and answers.

Best,

Braydon
    Santa Barbara, CA

2. BraydonR

BraydonR New Member

a little update. I've talked to every govt agency I could today. NHTSA, EPA, CA DMV, Customs in Long Beach and they were all 100% ok with my import of the 1989 Nissan S-Cargo. Then I get to the last one, the Bureau of Auto Repairs and some technician comes on the line and immediately tells me it's a dirty car and it will never happen, because California leads the way and refuses to accept federal standards. Like a complete asshole. That's funny, I see grey market cars for sale in California every day. So there is way. Just not through that prick. So if anyone knows a workaround, please let me know. Thanks.