FuzzyLogic's Honda CRV

Discussion in 'Honda' started by FuzzyLogic, Jun 3, 2016.

1. FuzzyLogic

FuzzyLogic New Member

So I'm going to school this year, it'll be a long journey so I figured I'd set myself up with something student friendly, that will hopefully last me a while and be low maintenance .

Flew out to Vancouver and picked it up (sorry Ben, couldn't wait any longer , work was calling for me).

Here are some pics from the docks...

Someone's awesome silvia! Pretty sure the delica beside it is @coquitlamglenn 's

P_20160531_114033.jpg
    Little line up of beautys.

P_20160531_114422.jpg

Got it back home and prepped for the safety. P_20160603_175023.jpg P_20160603_140103.jpg

Honda came with some goodies, like a free tarp, aux cable and a dirty tank top. It also had some rusty booster cables and a fancy tire repair kit. Useful things.

P_20160603_140057.jpg

To pass the safety I decided to wire up the fog lights to the accessory fuse. Here's what I did if anyone ever has to safety one of these. Took the panel underneath the steering column apart, pulled the fog light switch and wired up the blue/red wire to the accessory fuse. This way the fog lights turned on as soon as the key was turned to the on position. Very handy, and easy mod for a quick safety.

P_20160603_135126.jpg

P_20160603_135154.jpg

This crv is a little rough around the edges, but overall a pretty nice vehicle for what it is! I love the fact that I can have an suv that gets the fuel mileage of a mid sized sedan . Very excited for future adventures in it.

2. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Nice man, glad everything went well.

3. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

Looks pretty nice. Not too rough from the pictures. Is it just cosmetic?

4. FuzzyLogic

FuzzyLogic New Member

Yeah mostly cosmetic. Since I went with beforward I couldn't get very many detailed pics and i guess silver hides all the imperfections very well.

Although, the interior is mint! Just needs some arm rests for the front seats!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  5. lenglish

lenglish Exiled Cult Member

Nice! I've thought about getting one of these for a daily at some point. Parts would be super easy and from what I've heard they are pretty reliable.

6. coquitlamglenn

coquitlamglenn New Member

Someone's awesome silvia! Pretty sure the delica beside it is @coquitlamglenn 's

Yeah, that was mine - you were there before me (obviously) so I didn't see yours, but I saw the rest of the lineup. I have been considering an CRV as well, for many of the same reasons as you. We've been doing a lot of city miles lately, and a Delica is a bit of pig.

BTW, I really scored on my van, I just got it back from a mechanical inspection at CVI (go-to place for delicas in Richmond) , and it needs nothing.

7. FuzzyLogic

FuzzyLogic New Member

Winters coming! Means it's the snow activities season. Decided to pick up a new roof rack and cargo bin for the honda. I think it looks awesome!

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

8. mconor7

mconor7 New Member

Nice ride. Your dog will surely like riding on your CRV since it's pretty roomy.

FuzzyLogic likes this.