FtGF's 2015 Toyota Tacoma

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by ftgf, Feb 23, 2020.

1. ftgf

ftgf New Member

Well it's been a long time. I'm not really into the car thing anymore and being in Ontario I'm not even sure about the RHDs although I do see them here and there.

I do have a Japanese truck even though it was built in Texas! Always wanted a Toyota Pickup ever since I saw Marty's truck. I was in love. So this is my humble truck which I use to get up North with. It's pretty much stock always have these crazy ideas to mod it but I'm more pragmatic now then I used to be. Although now that I have owned this for a while I want a Land Cruiser. We'll see....

Here is some random pics through the years. Thanks for checking it out.

Where it all started... Don't mind the plasma I think it was built in 1955!
    [​IMG]

Oh ya...................

[​IMG]

Only way to go for me... Although in heavy traffic sometimes I doubt my choice.

[​IMG]

When she was a baby. Stock Rugged Trail tires were horrible. Also my old Subaru Plates on this.

[​IMG]

So on went the Duratracs. largest size possible without lift or cutting.

[​IMG]

Much better...

[​IMG]

Beside a 1st gen...

[​IMG]

First time I ever parked beside a 3rd gen when they came out...

[​IMG]

My ex's car and mine. One is reliable the other is not... if you catch my drift...

[​IMG]

That's more like it. Faithful and reliable...

[​IMG]

Got tired of the stock wheels. Was going to go Stealth Customs F5 in gunmetal but 5 years ago there was a 6 month waiting list so I got impatient. Just stuck to OEM.

[​IMG]

Sick defender I randomly parked beside one day...

[​IMG]

Making the trek up to the cottage. New plates and no more chrome on the grille.

[​IMG]

Made it. Man's best friend and a dog...

[​IMG]

Pretty much as dirty as she gets in the summer. She's classy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well worth the ride

[​IMG]

It was a good run...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    RyanV and tperkins like this.
  2. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

We have a lot to catch up on here! Love me some Tacoma. Is that an LED bar on the front? Something else?

3. ftgf

ftgf New Member

Hey Greg. It's just a cheapie led bar. Works decent enough.

4. tperkins

tperkins Devout AYC Disciple

Rad, I miss my Tacomas.

I have looked at new(ish) like 20,000 km Tacomas and it sure is hard to justify the cost for me. Same price will get you a full sized truck, etc. So then I get to looking at full sized trucks, then just don't want to have any payments and blah blah lol.

5. ftgf

ftgf New Member

Ya they are not cheap and they keep going up every year. At least the resale is insane. I was getting tired of used cars so I just went for it. The midsize is just easier in the city and on trails. Also these trucks done right look incredible. My neighbor has a 2019 Voodoo blue TRD PRO and it's gorgeous.

6. RyanV

RyanV Member

This is pretty much exactly why I ended up with my 80 series. I was looking at the Tacoma's, but it just didn't seem to make sense to buy one used when I could get a HDJ81 with less kilometers for less money. My buddy had the exact same truck as you (but in white). He bought it new, drove it for 3 years. The dealer he bought it from cold called him and asked if he wanted to sell...He sold it back to them for the same sticker price he paid for it, so after he drove it for 3 years he was only out the dollar value of the taxes from the purchase price!

Agreed! I like the aggressive styling the Taco's and 4Runners have right now.

Also, nice truck! :) I like those TRD off road wheels you changed to.

7. tperkins

tperkins Devout AYC Disciple

Love me some Tacomas. But that is how I ended up with Pajero. Tacoma frame rotted in half, big seam opened up and cracked. Looked at Tacoma prices... looked at 4runner prices (and rust / mileage), started bidding on Hilux Surf;s with the 5vzfe (an engine I love). Lost bids on like 7-8, seen the Pajero, thought it looked sweet, and threw a bid like 3-4k lower than the Hilux's I had been losing at auction, and won it.