Finding Your Car's Previous Home

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lenglish, Mar 18, 2015.

1. lenglish

lenglish Exiled Cult Member

So Derek and Trev had an interesting idea in another thread, so I thought I would start since I just got my export certificate with my car's previous address on it.

I think I did this right, @Derek or @trev correct me if I'm wrong.

Address of Owner (from export certificate translation): Tokyo-to Chuo-ku Shinkawa 1-chome 3-3-2F

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/1+...s0x6018895b5e359107:0x4feb2592d371986!6m1!1e1

And a screen shot:

[​IMG]

You can't see the car in any direction, but as a side note, "Boss" Coffee is delicious :)

Murrdawg02 likes this.
  2. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

I only have the Japanese version for the Legnum. Dangit! I'll have to search for the Pajero paperwork tomorrow.

I checked...only the Japanese version for the Pajero too. Oh well.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  3. Derek

Derek Derek Weldon

The credit goes to @trev I didn't think of this great idea. I am pretty excited to see if anyone can find their car. Sadly I don't have a record of mine because I don't get Export Certificates.
    Happy searching!

Hi Greg, If I dig enough, I bet I can find both of your translations.

Also, if anyone else has only the Japanese version, I would be happy to translate the Japanese.

Thanks @lenglish for bringing this to the forum and being the first one to post it.

4. Greg

I'll PM you a picture of both.

5. osakarory

osakarory New Member

I don't know why I never thought of this. Here is my Laurel at the owner before the guy I got it from's house. The poor guy died and the car sat for a year and half before someone picked it up somehow and sold it to me.

Poop, I wish I could embed the image.

6. Mark - Brave Auto

Mark - Brave Auto JDM Auction Agent/Exporter

Good idea but will only work for 50% of the vehicles as it depends whether the vehicle was registered/shaken at the time of purchase from auction.
    If no registration/ shaken at the time of buying it from the auction then the export certificate will have the previous owners details on it.
    If the vehicle has current registration/shaken at the time the exporter/agent buys it at the auction the vehicle has to be then transferred into the buyers name (the exporter/agent) and then de-registered so therefore the export certificate will display the exporters/agents name/address as the previous owner.

Cheers

Mark.

7. mekazilla

mekazilla Theoretician

Is there any carfax type registry or database searchable with our vin for a cars japan history?

8. Greg

9. trev

trev New Member

Interestingly enough the shabbier the condition of the car I received, the shabbier the condition of it's previous residence. I'd say 9 out of 10 my export certs have a private individual listed under the ownership info, and the bottom box has the "current owner" (which has always been the exporter). Rarely is the exporter in the upper boxes...

10. dmnd

dmnd Tuna Sandwich

Out of all the cars i've purchased, only my latest one (still in transit) had the previous owner on the Export cert. You can also look at the registration sticker in the window to see where the shaken inspection was completed. Although one of my cars had an old credit card bill, I lost it before I could google the address though :(

11. J Shaw

J Shaw New Member

Pajerist likes this.
  12. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Cool, and welcome to the forum.

Post some pics of your car? or is it still on route.

13. Greg

Never frownd upon! Plus this was a fun idea for a thread!

14. J Shaw

J Shaw New Member

Still en route, won't actually ship until this weekend, and I should have it near the end of February. I'll see about starting a thread about it maybe.