Everything You Need to Know About Buying an Electric Car

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Pajerist, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Pajerist

Pajerist New Member

2. RyanV

RyanV Member

My buddy just got a Model S....such a cool car! I'm interested to have one for my wife, but I can't afford a Tesla. I know there are other options, but other cars just don't have the same draw.

3. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

my issue with Electric cars is that they arent really cars like we have now, they are more Computers with wheels. Which is fine. but....... Im not one to buy anything new. and when used Electric cars get to the price point where i would buy one $5k or less. they will be so old that any new software upgrades will make them "Slow" imagine buying a windows 95 Computer right now, think of how incompatible it would be. Or trying to use a original Iphone. Same idea applys.

See where im going with this, im skeptical if we will transition to a point where we can buy a $500 Used Electric car, with 400,000Kms on it for my kids first car. but i could be wrong. Just my thoughts.

Pajerist likes this.
  4. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

I agree with Ben's comments, plus, what happens to batteries after X amount of years? Things wear out and it could be an expensive fix. I will say...a friends Dad had a Tesla and she let me drive it. DAMN! Amazing...but out of my price range for sure.