Toyota Estima or Kluger hybrid vehicles

Discussion in 'Japanese Cars' started by figarowest, Jan 27, 2020.

?

has anyone imported a 15+ year hybrid vehicle and had problems with the hybred battery?

1. yes, imported, had to replace the hybrid battery

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no, have not imported any of the hybrid vehicles

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. no, have not imported any of the hybrid vehicles due to the uncertainity of hybrid battery

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. figarowest

figarowest New Member

has anyone imported a 2003 to 2004 hybrid? What type of hybrid battery problems have you encountered?

where can you purchase hybrid batteries other than from Japan or a Dealership? Can you recondition and repair extisting battery cells on the hybrid battery? If so, where in Canada or the US?

any comments about the performance or reliability of these hybrid vehicles that are 15+ years old or older in Canada?

does it make sense to import one of these vehicles considering all the challenges and excessive costs if you have a problem vehicle?

thanks for the help.....Cheers, Dennis

2. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

I dont know much about Hybrid tech, but i have picked up a couple JDM Prius's for different clients.

Im told that the batterys are all seperate cells and you can buy replacment cells on eBay.

that being said i dont know more then that.

the vehciles i did bring in were less then 100,000Kms and the batterys were fine

tperkins likes this.
  3. figarowest

figarowest New Member

Thanks Ben.....I appreciate the help and good to know a few hybrids are coming in. Maybe we will get an update from one of the Owners on any challenges they have encountered regarding their hybrid battery system.