Colin's 99 BH-5 Legacy GT-B

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by Ihatedomestic, Feb 23, 2014.

1. RyanV

RyanV Member

Nicely done :)

and nice car ihatedomestic. That 3M headlight restoration looks like it works really well. Does it come with some kind of seal to put on the headlights after you've polished them up?

2. Ihatedomestic

Ihatedomestic I rarely post; mostly lurk in the shadows

Kingsoup,
    Nice work! ...you did exactly what I didn't want to do: cut and splice that factory McIntosh cable :) I didn't want to lift the carpet n' shit...plus it seems like there wasn't a whole lot of slack in that cable...so I went the other route.
    I'm working on a dash removal/install thread, but I guess it's too late for that huh? :)
    If you're putting it all back together soon, I highly recommend removing that white corregated tube from the heater box end (above the dead pedal, behind the dash) and attaching it the climate control box (and securing it with a wire tie). It's a pain in the ass to re-connect to the back of the climate control box when you're putting it all back together. So much easier to connect to the heater box once the dash is all together.

Ryan,
    The 3M kit does work well, if you put the time and effort into it. If you don't spend the time, you'll get poor results. The kit does come with 2 little pouches...one is polishing compound and the other is the seal/sunscreen for when you're done. My GT-B spends it's life outside, so we'll see how long it takes for the headlights to cloud again :)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  3. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

Thanks man! There was really no slack at all and since I had to cut it, up came the carpet! it was really glued in there as well, but not so bad to pull up, splicing the factory cable wasn't that bad really, it just took patience as if I messed up one of the wires, I would have had to cut back the cable even further and start again! but it ended up really nice!
    AHHH thats what that Tube was, I just ignored it, ruh roh! I guess it won't know the outside temp now, what a pain in the caboose!

I used the Mothers powerball on my headlights with some light rubbing compound and some new UV Sealer, I forget the brand, hopefully lasts as well!

4. Ihatedomestic

Here is my wiring for the McIntosh amp. I've also just added the dash removal how-to in the Subaru section.
    [​IMG]

5. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

nice man! I see how you did it, pretty similar to me more or less anyways, you perserved the cable, I gave it the CHOPS! hee hee
    glad its working well and nice job writing up the install on it!

6. Speed Stick

Speed Stick The Halifax kid

Colin took me for a rip the other night and I can't believe how awesome these cars are for the price! Like I'm sold, I wouldn't mind a RSK for a replacement for my wrx.

7. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

Its quite a bit nicer car then the WRX to be honest, and I think it actually handles better, check out my video review on my car in the for sale section.

8. Ihatedomestic

Year end pics...
    Packing up after camping in early Oct:
    [​IMG]

Launching my boat from a friends back yard:
    [​IMG]

9. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

Nice!! such a useful machine! there is a very similar white wagon I see now and again here in my area of Calgary, they look superb! i miss my purple one, great car!

10. Rygar

Rygar That's what she said.

Hey, I don't suppose you work in the Eric Spicer building?

11. Ihatedomestic

I don't know what/where that is...so no :)

If you see another white GT-B wagon, but with lots of stickers on the back and a very large roof rack, that's probably my buddy Tim (or his girlfriend).
    If you've seen a different car...take a pic and post it up in the spotted thread, as I would like to see it.

12. Rygar

Rygar That's what she said.

I'll have to go get a pic if it is still there when I go out. White RHD Subie wagon with a roof rack. No idea model haha!

13. Ihatedomestic

Car has just been buffed and clay barred...aaaaand SOLD!
    It's going to a family full of Subaru's, so I think it's going to a good home.
    Now to endure the next 1.5 months with no practical vehicle, waiting for the super-commuter to arrive...

14. Ihatedomestic

Kind of missing this car lately. The Beat is NOT a good commuter car.
    Some pics taken 3 days before it sold:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]