Buying unlocked phones online?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FuzzyLogic, Jun 18, 2016.

1. FuzzyLogic

FuzzyLogic New Member

Hey so long story short.. I bought an anker battery kit to replace my worn out battery in the s5, when I plugged my phone into the USB charger on the anker battery charger it spiked the voltage and fried my charging port. Now I can't transfer files from pc onto the phone or charge my phone... Great!

So I'm in the market for a new phone and would like to order something that's fully unlocked since I have a killer plan from like 5 years ago and I want to keep it.

Any of you ever order phones online? What was the experience like? Any suggested retailers? I'm looking for a phone along the lines of a nexus 6p and don't really want to spend over $300 shipped.

2. silent112

silent112 Ryan

I thought the newer samsungs have wireless charging, then for moving files around, just use either dropbox or google drive.
    If you're set on getting a new phone, my suggestion is usually amazon, there's usually more phones on .com and more reviews, but you also have to pay the difference of the dollar. I've been meaning to get a Moto X but fido rarely has them when I hardware upgrade.
    I know that costco now carries unlocked phones now, most of them are the entry level smart phones tho.

Also if you go with a refurbished one, right now they're about 270USD for a Nexus 6 on amazon.com

3. FuzzyLogic

FuzzyLogic New Member

Yeah I'm pretty set on getting a new device. I'm pretty unhappy with S5s battery life, and swapping batteries out up to 3 times a day will be annoying until I can get the charger port replaced.

I'm looking to buying a new Umi Super phone from aliexpress. I'll keep you guys updated on how that works out

4. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

I would just grab a lightly used phone off Kijij or craiglist or whatever.. people upgrade all the time and they sell great less new devices for cheap.