B's 1997 Toyota Supra RZ

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by Braden, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Braden

Braden New Member

Bit of an update.
    Put ~1200km on the car this summer, stock ignition map and my own fueling (and megasquirts auto tune). Was running good but I just didn't have the time for a proper tune.
    Still ran it at boxer battle and had a blast.

[​IMG]

Annnnd I sold my turbo, going with a slightly bigger unit.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    RyanV, Soren, Garth and 1 other person like this.
  2. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Sweet glad to see your taking her out and having fun.

3. RyanV

RyanV Member

Power hungry are we? :)

2nd pic, how hard is your passenger gripping that handle? :o :p

Braden likes this.
  4. Soren

Soren Hiatus is the best way to control the urges..

Wow, B! Amazing. I had no idea you had gotten into a supra again, and I really admire the work you have put into her. It looks amazing (like all your cars!!)

5. lenglish

lenglish Exiled Cult Member

Very nice, glad to see it getting some use after the build.

6. Braden

Braden New Member

Thanks guys.
    Nice to see you around Soren!

Fedex has my turbo, hopefully it gets here soon. I went with a borg warner unit this time. Hard to beat for the price and really reliable. A new SXE series s366. 66mm compressor and 73mm turbine, should be good for mid 500's on pump gas I'm hoping. Still flip flopping on trying out some e85. These turbos really shine once you get up into the 28-35psi boost levels on e85.
    It doesn't have a nice polished compressor housing like my old unit, but sacrifices must be made in the name of power!
    [​IMG]

7. Braden

Braden New Member

New turbo is here, is big.
    [​IMG]

Traveled out to Edmonton land last weekend and picked up a full shine auto ridox kit. I couldn't refuse for the price. I was considering doing the rear fenders, I don't really want to chop up the car though. Probably sell them and just run the rest of the kit, spend the money on a rear diffuser or something. Fitment is A+ so far. Haven't done any tweaking, front fenders need a bit, and one skirt needs a tiny bit of filing in one spot. Otherwise I'm super impressed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And for shits and giggles I taped a rear fender to the car, it fits well if you put pressure on it as if it was mounted. Tape wouldn't really stick to it so it's sagging here, as you can see by where the tail light is supposed to line up.
    [​IMG]

This is what the entire kit looks like all said and done, I just don't think I can commit to the rear fenders.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    magnavahn and RawRock like this.
  8. lenglish

lenglish Exiled Cult Member

That looks amazing. Do it.

RawRock likes this.
  9. RawRock

RawRock New Member

^ what he said. Do it! That kit looks sick!

10. Braden

Braden New Member

Parents bought me an awesome Christmas gift for the supra. Can't wait to get it mounted.
    I uh, also sold the rear overs.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  11. pitty

pitty likes the tuna here

Daaang, that's nice. I wish my parents would buy me an italian steering wheel. But no, all I get is bail money... again. :(

12. Braden

Braden New Member

Anyone have any of that motivation stuff I could have?

Updates:
    -I had issues with the front headlight brackets that are mounted internally on these fenders. They don't work worth a damn. Reason why he discontinued making these fenders. So I tried modifying them, adding bits and pieces, and ended up with unusable shit. Whoops.
    I could chop off the metal mounts from my oem fenders, and bond them to these fenders, but then I'm ruining my oem fenders.
    So I fired off an email to shine auto and bam, two weeks later I have some new brackets on the way. He said he'll dig out the mould and send me some new ones. This way I can chop the current ones clean off the FRP fenders and bond these new ones on exactly where I want. So +10 to Ken at Shine auto, awesome guy!

-Bought a HKB hub, mounted steering wheel. Bloody hot.

-Steam cleaned engine bay, did a little bit of scrubbing, cleaned up some wiring, made a proper FRP mount, made a bracket for my catch can.

-Still debating if I'm going to paint this bumper, fenders, and skirts and have panels that won't match 100%, or for the same price vinyl wrap the whole car and have everything looking the same. Do I vinyl white? Do I vinyl a satin pearl white? Do I wrap a sweet blue? Purple? What about mis-matched engine bay and door jambs? Do I actually care that much?

Also still have not installed new clutch.. I also need a tune. Meth system is coming out. I'm going straight pump gas until I can swing some new (bigger) injectors and run flex fuel.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  13. pitty

So now with the wide front and normal rear, you're going to stagger wheel widths in reverse?

14. Braden

Braden New Member

Haha, negatory. The front's are hardly any wider even though they claim +15mm per side. That's a load of shit, they just mostly look cooler.
    Bump up front tire from a 265 to a 275 and I'll be good, the 265's are stretched too much for my liking anyways (10" wheel).
    They don't look disproportionate or anything, I think if a person didn't know any better they would have no idea they're any different.
    [​IMG]

15. pitty

That's the same wheels as yours? Red kar looks great, but on your picture, the front looks way too far inboard.

16. Braden

Braden New Member

Same wheels, 275 tire vs my 265. My skirts also stick out a lot farther.
    Wheels have a 5mm slip on for brake clearance already, if I go to a 275 and I still don't like it I'll junk the 5mm and do a 10mm bolt on or something. But I think just bumping up tire size will work well enough.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  17. pitty

You should go snap a picture from the same angle for science.

18. Braden

Braden New Member

Best I could do with the space I have. I'll probably add a little spacer with the tire.
    [​IMG]

19. pitty

Ah this is not bad at all. Black out the white inside the wheel wells and it's DTF.

20. Braden

Braden New Member

Off to get a super flamboyant and arguably cute(r than P's Miata) color change tomorrow :o

[​IMG]