BC - Auto Upholstery Companies?

Discussion in 'BC' started by RyanV, May 12, 2016.

1. RyanV

RyanV Member

Anyone have a recommendation of somewhere to get auto upholstery redone in the Lower Mainland? The front seats in the Land Cruiser have seen better days and I'd like to have the upholstery redone on the driver's seat and new foam as well. Depending on the price I might get both front seats done, but I have no idea what to expect for pricing or good places to go. I'm guessing hot-rod type forums or crowds would be a good place to look, but that's probably also more high end and custom work than I would need. Then again, maybe that's my only option?

I'm open to suggestions...Except, no, I'm not going to just slap covers over the seats :p

2. RyanV

RyanV Member

I found a place that does upholstery work in Vancouver, Pacific Auto Trim:

http://www.pacificautotrim.ca/

I think they are bit more on the high end side, but I suspect most of these places would be because most auto upholstery work is probably for restorations and hot rods where people want a quality product.

3. IanB

IanB New Member

Good opportunity to get heated seat elements installed, if that's something on your radar.

4. Pajerist

Pajerist New Member

Hi Ryan, have you completed your seat? Do you have pictures before/after? Are you happy with result/pricing? Thanks,

5. RyanV

RyanV Member

I did have the work done, but I don't have before/after photos and I haven't spent any time with them because I'm not driving my Land Cruiser right now. Also, I only ended up having the foam redone. I didn't need new upholstery like I thought I would. From just sitting in them I'm happy with the result. It was about $200 per seat to have the foam redone on the bottom of the seat only.

6. Pajerist

Pajerist New Member

Thanks for update, Ryan!

7. RyanV

RyanV Member

I've been driving around for a few weeks now with the foam done on the seats and it's WAY better than before. Even though I only asked for the bottom I'm pretty sure they did the bolsters as well because the seat feels like it hugs me more than it did before.

They just did the foam rather that upholstery as I was originally looking for in the thread, but they were honest and said the upholstery didn't really need to be done. I'd definitely recommend Pacific Auto Trim for anyone who is looking for upholstery or seat rebuild work :)