BC B.C. Inspection Question

Discussion in 'Regional' started by Adam W, Apr 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Adam W

Adam W New Member

Hi all, I am currently in talks with an import company based out of Alberta. I live in BC therefore I would have to get the car inspected here in BC before I could register and insure it. The seller says the car has passed the Alberta inspection. The car has none DOT tires, clear front side reflectors and no daytime running lights (Which to my knowledge is required to pass the inspection) so I don't see how it could have passed. My fear is that the seller is using a mechanic that will "look the other way" when it comes to some of the requirements. So far here are the things that I can think of that need to be changed for the car to pass the BC inspection: daytime running lights, orange front side markers, orange front turns signal bulbs, potentially new headlights and DOT approved tires. I have voiced my concerns with the seller about the needed requirements but he told me that "All you should need is daytime running lights. Most places are good with that." My question is, how true is this? Legally speaking, I think a shop could fail the car but it really depends on how strict the shop is. I don't want to feel like I am going into the inspection blind and just hoping that I pick a lenient shop or they don't notice some of the faults. Here is a link to the car in question: http://imgur.com/a/Up3SK Hopefully you guys can take a look and see whether you think it would pass B.C. inspection as in currently sits.

Thanks -Adam

2. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

In response to part of this... You say the car doesn't look compliant. Lots of things happen after inspection... Reflectors fall off, headlights change, etc...

3. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Well first off. those pics are from japan so i would want to see local pics of the car, if your indeed getting it from Alberta. mabe the car doesn't look like that at all.

Second. depending where in BC you are there are shops that a lenient on stuff. im sure you could easily get the car to pass inspection as is.