Anyone got guns?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by IMPUL, Feb 18, 2014.

?

Got guns?

1. Shot gun

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Rifle

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. Handgun

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Restricted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Antiques

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. robbieg

robbieg Does this and that from time to time

Going for my PAL and RPAL next weekend. I have no intention of buying a handgun.... yet.... but, everyone says to 'just get it when you get your PAL', so... that's what I'm doing.
    My dad officially owns the savage .22 that's mine - it's a hand-me-down from his youth. Time to legitimize that. After that.... I think I'm more interested in some WWII-era rifles. We'll see what the future holds!

IMPUL likes this.
  2. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

I sorta regretted not doing my RPAL, but I didn't have the time at the time to do it, and honestly, with all the restrictions, I'm happy with just my PAL and my surplus rifles for now.

3. Greg

I sold a .22 today...What ever am I going to buy next?!?

4. tperkins

tperkins Devout AYC Disciple

Buy a bow, never look back.

5. robbieg

Had a day out with the boys.
    The SKS (1953) and Mosin-Nagant (1942) are mine. I also have a 1910 Savage .22.

The Tavor is the bullpup on the right. What a thing.

Greg: SKS is on sale at Cabelas right now..........

Attached Files:

IanB likes this.
  6. Greg

Ha! Nice try! I had an SKS already! How is the Tavor? I was semi attracted to them...

7. robbieg

The Tavor is my friend's.... I shoot left, and though it's an ambidextrous gun, it's set up for righties.
    My lip will never forgive it for the burn marks.

That being said - it feels really good. It's a bit handgunny to aim, in that a small flinch puts a big change on your angle. But, once you're used to it... it's pretty amazing. The big question is 'will it go restricted?'

8. IanB

IanB New Member

I picked up a nice Stoeger air rifle scope for my Gamo Silent Stalker .22 rifle, I really like it. Has a feature where the reticicle illuminates green or red, which is nice for low light situations. I use the gun for plinking mostly, but would take down a rabbit or squirrel in my yard if given the opportunity to do so discreetly.

This is the 3rd scope I've had on the gun, and is by far the best. The kit scope that came with the gun ran out of adjustment before it would sight in, garbage. I tried a 0X red/green dot scope from Deal Extreme (Hong Kong) that was great, except it wasn't an "air rifle" scope, and didn't have the locating pin on the mount so it stayed put with all the vibrations that come along with air rifle duty and fell off a couple of times, so that was abandoned as well.

The Stoeger I found in the bargain cave, got a pretty good deal on it, I'm very happy with it so far.

I'd like to pick up a .22 rifle and a 12ga shotgun at some point.

9. Wolfd89

Wolfd89 Last in, first out

ohh a Tavor! Those are quite nice. Too bad they'll set you back almost 2.5 large ones.
    sounds like you had a good day Robbie