Anyone else got an Eclipse AVN-G03 satnav/DVD with their car?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by celicarefugee, Oct 20, 2017.

1. celicarefugee

celicarefugee New Member

This is what came in my car, the only manual I can find for it is in Japanese, usually with these things if it does multiple languages it will ask you to pick at first power on, but I can't figure out how to reset it to defaults. Anyone else have one of these that they've figured out?

https://www.fujitsu-ten.co.jp/eclipse/support/manual/pdf/AVN-G03_T_2.pdf

2. Pajerist

Pajerist New Member

Interesting, but it is not allowed to copy in order to paste in google translate :(

3. celicarefugee

celicarefugee New Member

Ya it's too big, I am able to translate page by page with foxit PDF reader but I couldn't find anything relevant in the index or table of contents. If I have to buy an android unit from this century it's not the end of the world :)

4. IanB

IanB New Member

If it's from Japan, the radio stations won't work here, different spectrum. Just get something new and don't waste your time on it.

5. celicarefugee

celicarefugee New Member

Ha, that would be a nice problem to have. No, what this does is find a local radio station and blast it at full volume every time I start the car. It appears to have come from a dark time before Bluetooth, so it will be going the way of the dinosaurs.

6. Pajerist

Pajerist New Member

Not sure about MB but in BC I can listen to six AM stations and two FM (one is the same as AM) stations on unmolested Japanese radio. Decent sound though stations a bit off because of different than in Japan frequency incremental.
    e.g. instead 1130AM, Japanese radio set to 1134AM... More than enough for me to listen to news/weather/traffic updates.
    If you want to listen to more stations use something like this http://www.ebay.com/bhp/fm-band-expander.
    In this particular case, I second to change the radio :(

7. IanB

IanB New Member

You can pick up a few local stations, but not the ones you want to listen to. Lower mainland BC will have FAR more stations to choose from than MB.

Bottom line is it doesn't work as intended in North America, coupled with the fact it doesn't have Bluetooth I fail to see why anyone would want to keep it in their car. You'd be further ahead with a $40 used deck off Kijiji, lol.

8. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

I'll second or third or whatever we're on. Just buy a new headunit. New ones for $100~, used for half that. Better sound, all the radio stations, aux, USB, Bluetooth, etc...

Head units are super easy to do yourself in a few hours as well.

9. celicarefugee

celicarefugee New Member

I'm going to put a 7" tablet in the popup satnav console and probably just get a single din/pocket adapter and put a plain looking stereo in there with Bluetooth.