Amazing Auto Imports

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Hugh Conway, May 4, 2014.

1. Hugh Conway

Hugh Conway New Member

I can't recommend this guy enough.
    Recently we imported a 4WD truck through Derek @ Pacific Coast. I had contacted Ben to do the prep on arrival, but he was out of country, and unable to help.
    Derek suggested I contact Mardy of Amazing Auto Imports. I am in a remote area off Vancouver Is, so everything was done by email and phone. A bit of back and forth with Mardy to nail down what could be done, and what I wanted, then I left him to it. He picked up my truck at the port, did a great job with the prep, got it inspected. Everything necessary for my trip down to Richmond to pick up the truck. Mardy did a great job, even got me an extra set of hard to get 8 ply LT tires for a good price.
    The really amazing part of this is that on my arrival in Richmond, I did not have all the paperwork (partly my fault, and partly the import broker). Mardy took me to the local ICBC office and helped to get a temp registration so |I could at least get home.
    After getting home, and gathering all my paperwork, I went to a local ICBC office to register.........no end of problems with a less than co-operative (I'm being nice) fellow at the ICBC head office. The result was that they would not let me register my truck. I called Mardy to ask his advice.........remember, he has already done his part with the prep and inspection, as far as I was concerned, he had done a great job of that and was done with his part in all this.........Mardy was very interested in my problem, and jumped right in to help me out. Long story ensues, but in the end, it was solely by his over-the-top assistance and knowledge that I was finally able to complete the registration. He would not even take any further payment for all this.
    I can certainly recommend Mardy and Amazing Auto Imports as a great guy to deal with. You get more than you pay for here!
    Thank You Mardy

Cheers,
    Hugh Conway

2. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

Great review, thanks! Where on the Island are you? What kind of truck did you get?

3. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Nice review.. glad everything worked out.

Sad i couldnt be here to see suck a clean truck.

4. Hugh Conway

Hugh Conway New Member

Thanks Greg
    Cortes Island. Toyota Townace (AKA Liteace) 4WD, 2lt Diesel, 1000Kg payload. Tailgate and both sides of bed fold down for easy access.
    The bed is about 9ft X 5ft. You can put just about anything in there and take it anywhere you want........so long as you are not in a hurry. Top speed is about 105KPH, it is comfortable at 85 to 90. Speed limit here is 60, so ..........

And thanks Ben.......you are the one who actually got me started on this quest! Yes, nice clean and relatively unused truck. Has a decal on the back that is required in Japan when a vehicle is driven by geezers (like me too) I found a couple of invoices over the sun visor for garden fertilizer, so assume it was owned by old guy gardener. Same use in its new home here. BTW the paint on the bottom of the truck bed is unscratched!
    Cheers,
    Hugh

5. Celine Boisvenue

Celine Boisvenue New Member

Amazing Auto Imports:
    We started working with Mardy over two years ago, on March 15, 2014. We gave him a deposit for half the estimated cost at the start. We began by looking for a Mazda Bonga Frendee (<100K, diesel). For 1.5 years, Mardy looked but found with no viable vehicles. We decided to change our criteria and would go for a diesel Delica, long wheel-base. When we hit the 2 year mark, we decided to move on. On the day we asked Mardy for our money back, within 20 minutes, he found a Mazda diesel Bongo Frendee 70K km. We won that auction on March 23rd, 2016. Mardy told us it would take 4 to 6 weeks to get it. Now, May 15, 2016 (almost 8 weeks later) we still don't have our vehicle. He has now asked for deposit money (80% of the cost). So, now, we are 2 years, 2 months after the start, we still don't have a vehicle and we have put a very large deposit. I will post if/when we get our vehicle and how the transaction went.

6. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

2 years later and you're still trying to find a car with them, and you're gonna post how the transaction went if you get your car...I'm gonna say you've been long ripped off and aren't getting a car...

7. Celine Boisvenue

Yeah...I know. But I also know three people that are happy with Mardy and Amazing Auto, one that even went back for a second vehicle. I also know one that really does not like him. He has been in business for a while (>10 years) and checks out. So, before we go and try to get our money back, I will wait a few more weeks since the vehicle is supposed to be on a ship now.

8. Celine Boisvenue

and given the glowing review above, I am still hoping all will turn out ok.

9. Celine Boisvenue

We got it! We have our Bongo from Mardy. The final price was within the limits stated. It all seems pretty good up to now. Mardy held his end of the deal. It was a long long wait. Off to adventures!

10. jfarsang

jfarsang New Member

Glad to hear it worked out. I've known Mardy since he started up and would still recommend him.