Aaron's Evo V

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by Rygar, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Rygar

Rygar That's what she said.

I will post up some pics when I start getting the new parts on.

2. Speed Stick

Speed Stick The Halifax kid

You beat me getting it out of storage! We'll have to go for a cruise this weekend if its nice. That's if your not too busy installing all the upgrades lol.

3. Rygar

I'll be away for Easter but back the following weekend.
    Should be ship shape for then.

Well was a tight squeeze getting out of storage but made it.
    Only things any different from when I put it in 6 months ago that I can tell are that the auto locks are not working consistently (i.e. they lock but often don't unlock) and I saw my lights flicker while I was doing ~50 around 2000 rpm. Still a little dip in RPMs when I rev it and drop the clutch, but I haven't installed the coils yet and I have a new intake cone coming in a few weeks too, so a few things to fiddle with before I'm stumped. It is definitely better than it was after I changed the BOV to stock.

[​IMG]

Installed the COP and oil cap. Bracket that one of the connects clips to won't fit afterwards (not that it matters) and some old dry wire covering is cracked so I'm going to get some heat shrink to replace that.

4. mekazilla

mekazilla Theoretician

Do you have a plug cover to match the cap? The carbon looks nice. Can you pull some slack over from the wires to get that connection to lay in better?

5. Rygar

Yes I have a Tomei cover coming to match the cap. I can get the wires in under the stock cover as it is now, I just took a pic before I covered them up again.
    Carbon does look good, shame to cover it up!

6. Rygar

Calipers freshly painted and stickered courtesy of Erik @ Agency Imports.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I should also point out that I was heating the calipers up by riding the brakes (lightly, for the most part!) and got my first "donkey noise" of the season shortly after on a slow driveway turn. It only happens turning into my driveway, or a driveway in general. I'm wondering if it isn't my brakes instead of my AYC making that noise....which of course would be the ideal situation.
    I don't get any whining on hard throttle sharp turns.

7. Rygar

My Apexi intake cone and Tomei engine plate arrived today.
    Intake is going to take a bit of thinking to get on right, and the heat shield that came with it is not going to fit at all.
    Oh bother.

8. Rygar

Someone in a camper tried to force me off the road multiple times today after I passed them. Apparently they thought my pass was dangerous (it would have been if I wasn't driving an Evo...I know my car) and that justifies attempted murder.
    After getting through traffic the highway opened up and well, he was in a camper and I was in an Evo so I never saw him again, but had to endure 5-10 minutes of tailgating and a pos camper on my side trying to push me off the road. In hindsight I should have called the police, but I was a bit amped up at the time and I was worried about what he was planning to do to my car if he got me going slow enough.

9. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

I hate people like that.. why do people think they have the right to police the Roads.. if im driving and i feel like risking my life with an unsafe pass. or riding on the shoulder (on my motor bike) then thats my call.. that really piss's me off.. glad your ok. i hope you gave in the nice smile and wave, i do that instead of the finger i find it makes people more upset. lol

10. mekazilla

mekazilla Theoretician

There's nothing I hate more than ragers. Once they blow their lid, I get kinda nervous what they might do if they get in front, so I make sure that doesn't happen.
    I had a big ford do that to me once after I merged in front of him. It took a long time to shake him, he was passing three lanes of full traffic on the right shoulder to try and get me.

11. Rygar

I was thinking the same thing at the time and just trying to keep him behind me until I got on the highway.

12. mekazilla

mekazilla Theoretician

And every time I tell myself to get a dash can.... But I still haven't.

13. Rygar

Front flap on:

[​IMG]

14. Rygar

[​IMG]

Ignore the dirty rotor, sprayed some rim cleaner and haven't cleaned up the rotor yet.

DIY bracket:

[​IMG]

15. Rygar

Got the fronts on, putting the backs on the brackets he did send aren't even close to fitting...I can only assume the bag of hardware he sent is for a different model of car altogether...

16. Rygar

Here are some pics of my recent mud flap additions:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Braden

Braden New Member

Those freshened calipers are awesome. I really need to do this to mine. Looking good.

18. Rygar

Thanks Braden, I'm really impressed with how they came out.
    If it is helpful, they were done with a brush instead direct spray (and there was a reason for that but I can't remember what it was, exactly).

19. Braden

Braden New Member

Good to know. Thanks

20. Speed Stick

Speed Stick The Halifax kid

Mud flaps still holding up lol?