964 RS or Turbo?

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by SausageCat, Jul 9, 2013.

1. SausageCat

SausageCat New Member

Anyone has imported one yet?
    Im interested in acquiring one and was wondering if it is more cost effective to import one from Japan rather than buying locally.

Yes, I realize these were produced in limited numbers :(

Any help/info much appreciated!

Thanks!
    Andrew

2. Derek

Derek Derek Weldon

I have never bought one of them but I have bid on both a number of times. I think that the price in Japan for one of these is similar to the world price. Rare Porsches tend to sell for a lot here but then again, they do everywhere.

You should be able to find one here but if it is a dealer car, you will pay hand over fist for it. Auction cars come up every once in a while if you are patient. If it were me looking, I would search locally and in Japan at the same time, compare what you can get and decide which way to go.

Does it need to be a 964 or would a 930 turbo work as well? If I were choosing, I would go with the 930 or the 993 turbo. There was a 993 Turbo S (450hp) last week that I bid on but it sold for over 11,000,000 yen.

3. SausageCat

SausageCat New Member

115K CAD is quite the reality check! Are there a rebuild worthy ones floating around, or these never end up at auctions?

4. Derek

Derek Derek Weldon

Sorry, that was for a 993 Turbo S. Like the one they only made 600 of and had 100hp over the standard 993 Turbo.

As for prices for the RS and the 964 Turbo, it is hard to say. They go up and down a lot. I would think about 2,500,000 - 5,000,000 yen but I am not confident on that price (thus the wide margins).

5. Mark - Brave Auto

Mark - Brave Auto JDM Auction Agent/Exporter

964 RS's..... you will need 7 - 10m yen.

964 Turbo...... you will need 4 - 7m yen...... maybe a little more depending on the condition/km's and "interior colour".

993 Turbo......you will need 7-12m yen depending on spec.

930 Turbo...... try and get an 1989 model which is the very last and has the 5spd box opposed to the 4spd and is more collectible......later on if not already. Price wise, 3m - 5m depending on condition, km's, spec and 4spd or 5spd model.

The long and short of it........ you will need lots of $$.

Cheers

Mark.

6. SausageCat

SausageCat New Member

Thank you all for the help. I was going to look south of the border. Im undecided as to whether I want a project or a working model. Historically my luck with the engines was total shit, so - why not just get a cheap project car and force it to work.