2016 Focus RS

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by lenglish, Feb 3, 2015.

1. lenglish

lenglish Exiled Cult Member

2. pitty

pitty likes the tuna here

Calling it a "monster" is diluting the meaning of the word. This car slightly one-ups (and competes with) the Golf R, if anything. A bit more powerful, likely a bit heavier, similar "intelligent" nanny all wheel drive.

Not hating, just been reading a lot of excited comments on the internets about how with this you'll finally be able to buy Ken Block's GRC car from a Ford showroom. Yeah, no.

3. lenglish

lenglish Exiled Cult Member

Haha, yeah I agree. I don't think this car is the "messiah" by any means, but I think it has great potential to be a fun car.

4. grayhamwiebe

grayhamwiebe New Member

Sounds like there finally stepping up to what subaru and mitsubishi have been doing for the past 20 years. Family car with 300hp and AWD.

5. Dah_Hunter

Dah_Hunter Looking over your shoulder, so you dont have to.

Think i will post this here:

6. Stokes

Stokes Brad

I'm really excited about this car. I'm not a big fan of the styling on the newest Sti and I've had a soft spot for hatches. Plus I'll be in thé market for a new car shortly after this comes out so I plan on taking one for a test drive.

I'm hoping pricing will be around $40k and not too much more than that.

7. trev

trev New Member

They've teased us with these before ... then they always back track and give us FWD STs.

8. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

I hate that sellout american fool is even a part of this car. Looks really good, center diff torque split, torque vectoring rear diff, good motor with lots of potential.
    i'm a big fan of my current 2012 Focus, more power, 4wd, and probably little understeer with its fancy tricks, could be pretty awesome! 35k+ though in Can.

9. DCRyan

DCRyan New Member

My FWD focus will outhandle and eat up a TONNE of cars STOCK. Even more so now at the 500 HP level. The Focus ST is a phenomenal car.

Im guessing a fully optioned RS will be close to 50k in canada. My focus was 35k from the dealers

10. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

sigh, with our dollar plunging it'll probably start at 40k. They claim a base ST is high 20's.

11. DCRyan

DCRyan New Member

Thing is, in Canada you can't get a bade model ST. You can only get the top end st3 package. Which like I said is around 35k at the dealers.