2015 Ford Mustang

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by RyanV, Dec 5, 2013.

1. RyanV

RyanV Member

A bit of new styling for the 2015 car, but the same 5.0 engine they are currently using:

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/12/05/2015-ford-mustang-official-photos-reveal-info/

Different that it will be offered with a turbo engine, but too bad it's only the 2.0l engine.

At first glance I like the new front end, but I don't like the back. I think the rear bumper area looks better on the current car. The interior looks like it's the same ol' North American cheap plastic everything which is pretty much expected but disappointing none the less.

2. Soren

Soren Hiatus is the best way to control the urges..

3. mekazilla

mekazilla Theoretician

2l turbo in a mustang? Rednecks would cry foul and ricers would never buy a mustang. It would be the platform your sister in law buys because it's good on gas.

4. robbieg

robbieg Does this and that from time to time

5. mekazilla

mekazilla Theoretician

hmm, so they did! How do you sell a 120hp v8 in the showroom next to a 132hp turbo on fire?

"A new 132 hp (98 kW) 2.3 L turbo four-cylinder, debuted, which offered similar horsepower to the V8. Ford had high hopes this engine would usher in a new era in performance."

" Basically a de-bored 302, the 4.2 L V8 had restrictive heads and managed to produce 120 hp (89 kW), the lowest power ever for a Mustang V8.... This meant the 2.3 L Turbo 4 was the sole "performance" engine. However, the Turbo 4 was plagued with reliability issues from its release. Inadequate lubrication led to premature turbo failure and even some engines catching fire. It was listed as an option through 1981, but quietly dropped for 1982, although it was still available in Canada."

6. grayhamwiebe

grayhamwiebe New Member

I hate when there's inadequate lubricant.
    It seems ford is still set on ripping off aston martin for their front ends. I think ford is becoming the new hyundai.
    If you can't beat 'em, look somewhat similar.

7. Braden

Braden New Member

I think the '13 looked way better.. I wouldn't mind a 13' gt500 in a few years once they're worth ~30k.
    This thing looks heavily influenced by the taurus.

Edit:
    I think it will end up growing on me..

[​IMG]

8. CP9A

CP9A New Member

I love how much controversy the inline 4 has brought up. Better publicity if you ask me.

9. RyanV

RyanV Member

Agreed, but it would have been better if they had announced they'd use their turbo V6 or something. An engine with more performance to compete with a V8 would definitely be interesting. Yes, it would be extremely controversial, and maybe a little bit too "tokyo drift", but I think it would be great to see. With today's technology and fuel economy in mind, I'm not sure why they haven't developed a high performance turbo engine. I realize the hardcore mustang enthusiasts would be turned off, but grow with the times or be left in the dust IMO.

10. CP9A

CP9A New Member

It's no secret that there is a shift in market demand for smaller, more efficient engines. But for such a niche car like the Mustang, you have to implement change in small increments and i think this is Ford's way of testing the waters for a reaction. Only time will tell how the new engine will do and adapt, but I personally think interest in it will be high. Then before you know it, all Mustangs will be turbocharged, 4 cylinder hybrids :p

Called it. :D http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...powertrains-considered-for-new-mustang-report