2014 Mk6 Jetta TDi - 6spd.

Discussion in 'VW' started by IMPUL, Jan 27, 2014.

1. IMPUL

IMPUL Collector of fine japanese lawn ornaments

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Engine & Performance
    Base engine size: 2.0 L
    Cam type: Double overhead cam (DOHC)
    Cylinders: inline 4
    Valves: 16
    Direct injection
    Torque: 236 ft-lbs. @ 1750 rpm
    Horsepower: 140 hp @ 4000 rpm
    Turning circle: 36.4 ft.
    Base engine type: diesel
    DriveTrain
    Drive type: front wheel drive
    Transmission: 6-speed manual
    Suspension
    MacPherson strut front suspension
    Multi-link rear suspension
    Front independent suspension
    Integrated stabilizer bar stabilizer bar
    Fuel
    Fuel type: diesel
    Fuel type: diesel fuel
    Fuel tank capacity: 14.5 gal.
    Range in miles (cty/hwy): 435.0/609.0 mi.
    EPA mileage est. (cty/hwy): 30/42 mpg
    -http://www.edmunds.com/volkswagen/jetta/2014/features-specs.html?sub=sedan&style=200484356

So my friend finally decided to get rid of his dodge ram and get an import.
    He's owned a suzuki swift, ol school delta 88, a 2004 Chevy optra, and 2011 Dodge Ram.

In trying to reduce the amount paid in gas, finance, and insurance, he started a search for an older Vw tdi. There aren't any.... People tend to hold on to these cars and drive till they are falling apart or rolling over the odometer.

So he started searching for a newer one. The 2015 is an entirely new product which isn't even a available to put on a waiting list until April.
    It seemed like a good ideal to stay with a model that's been reused for the last couple years then being the guinea pig on a new one.

He finally was stuck on the Jetta tdi. A no frills treadline with tint and double the warranty.
    So he has 160,000km of bumper to bumper! And 12 years of free body panels.

I haven't seen it yet but when he gets here ill take pics and load them.

For model to model changes please see link
    http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a6/2011-VW-Jetta-TDI-buying-guide-reviews.htm

2. Pajerist

Pajerist New Member

From outside not bad at all.
    Inside looks like cheap plastic or is it on my screen only?

3. Soren

Soren Hiatus is the best way to control the urges..

I worked at VW for a while, and still don't know what I think about them. Certainly I really didn't like them before I'd gone into the job. Main reason was reliability issues for the Jetta around the 98-04 range. I knew two people who needed a diff replacement, etc.. I've never been much for the styling, but I think that is what I was actually impressed with when I worked there - but the styling is so mundane, it gets boring really quickly. Interiors feel kinda cheap too. Incedentally, working in the service dept, I found many issues that were really quite unacceptable, that happened to many, many cars. Common issues that stuck out - broken foglights, broken undertray, cracked glass (virtually every car, even new ones came in with spidered glass - we have bad roads here) and e-brake cables that rust, and then you can't use them. 400-600 dollar fix. yuck. I should mention I've only ever had one car that got cracked glass, and it was my only american car.

A buddy has a diesel Jetta and loves the mileage though.

4. IMPUL

IMPUL Collector of fine japanese lawn ornaments

The interior is cheap plastic... So was the dodge ram though... Most new cars under $60k are going to have cheap plastic dashs.

Yea it's the mileage ... That's what he was after. Dodge ram $1500/mth in gas, insurance and finance vs vw Jetta $800/mth

I hope he has a problem free time because insurance gave him the 5 year write off protection,
    And he already has accident forgiveness...
    Potentially he could plow through traffic and it only cost him $300 and he gets a brand new car.

Fuck I hate insurance ... Is that not the stupidest thing you've heard?

5. Stokes

Stokes Brad

I had that insurance on my mazda back in 07 lol. Basically you get 1 free car..minus the deductible. I had a 2010 Ram with the loaded interior which was actually very nice and not cheap plastic but I got rid of it for similar reasons as your friend. $800 truck payment $400 insurance and roughly $500 in gas every month. No vehicle is worth that much to me. Since then I've lived debt free and pay cash for vehicles which is why I love JDM!