2003 Legacy update! me likey

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kingsoup, Jan 3, 2018.

1. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

Anyone else excited about the new body legacy's coming out? I think they've dramatically improved the styling of the wagon, updated interior, new front end, so sexy!

Also they've dropped the twin turbo and have gone with, a super rad single turbo on the GTB and B4's (I think they all come with it) Titanium impeller, ball bearing core, twin scroll (I heard it takes away the thuby thuby subaru exhaust, which is cool with me!) sized not too big and not too small for really fast spool up, lots of chassis and steering improvements, I'm quite looking forward to it, hopeful to get one in 2018, not sure what month they started making the 03's, look cool!
    legacywagon.jpg

RawRock likes this.
  2. Pajerist

Pajerist New Member

Not bad, but does front end look kind of narrow?
    Also, headlights style look like I saw already somewhere in the past, do not recall where :(

3. Megatol

Megatol Mr. Toyota

Yes, they looks good. I read one of the main goals for Subaru engineers was to make it lighter, so they used some new materials and this generation is lighter than previous.
    They started production from May 2003.

4. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

OOOh thats right, even lighter! this is good!!! MAY, oh lord such a long wait! So many good things, I suppose must be patient.

5. IanB

IanB New Member

We used to have a North American '05 Legacy 2.5i Ltd. wagon, the motor kinda sucked, but the car was awesome. The sunroof on the wagon is amazing, there's about a 15" panel at the front that tilts up, and a 2.5' glass panel behind it that slides back, like half the wagon roof is glass, it's great! I had a nice set of B4 Blitzen wheels on it, looked sharp.

33534180018_large.jpg 33534180019_large.jpg

6. kingsoup

kingsoup New Member

Oooh that is a great looking car! the dual sunroofs is superb!!! I had one RHD legacy with dual sunroofs, it was the cats meow!
    Those wheels look great! Well even if the 2.5 wasn't a super powerhouse, at least reliable. I'm a big fan of the front end styling of this car, doesn't seem as "old" as my previous Legacy's, but maybe thats my total loss of sense of time with cars these days.

Its gonna be a long wait until the summer to get one!

7. Wolfd89

Wolfd89 Last in, first out

yeah, looking to replace my Legnum for an Spec B when they become legal. Two more years!