2001 Subaru WRX EJ205 ACVS Valve Cover Gasket Parts

Discussion in 'Subaru' started by magnavahn, Oct 29, 2016.

1. magnavahn

magnavahn Vahn

Part numbers for valve cover gaskets for the JDM EJ205 with ACVS. Confirmed fit for my 2000 November build GGA.

Right side (1)
    13270AA152

Left side (1)
    13272AA075

Grommets - need 8 per side
    1321AA071

Spark plug gaskets - need 2 per side
    13293AA051

Cylinder head plug/half moons - need 2 per side (optional, difficult access. One of mine were leaking though)
    11051AA070

2. Murrdawg02

Murrdawg02 Danger to the manifold

Where did you end up buying these? From the dealer? And when you changed your gaskets did you use any sealant as well?

3. magnavahn

magnavahn Vahn

Purchased from IA performance. They aren't the cheapest, but they have great service and a wide array of weird Jdm Subaru stuff.

I used permatex ultra grey (same as hondabond). I put a bead on the entire valve cover side instead of just the locations mentioned in the repair manual. I've done this to 2 ej20's now and they've both kept the oil inside.
    Good luck, message if you have any other questions. Or save some work and buy the car I did this on, haha.

4. Murrdawg02

Thank you sir!

I already have the valve covers off so I am committed now! The passenger side valve cover is a pain to get out, I can only imagine how it is going to be to put back in while keeping the gasket in place...

5. magnavahn

magnavahn Vahn

That's the other reason I put a bead on the entire gasket.
    Only real secrets to this job are:
    - ratcheting wrench would help
    - The bottom bolts on the passenger side are easier to get from underneath the car

6. Murrdawg02

+1 For the tips! Ratcheting wrench would have been a great help, might just use this as an excuse to buy a set.
    I end up ordering the gaskets from Partsouq so they should be here next week. Also axle seals because apparently both are leaking.