2 for 1 thread: '93 Land Cruiser & '99 E55t AMG

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by IanB, Jul 26, 2014.

1. IanB

IanB New Member

Starting to come together!

IMG_2715[1].JPG

Murrdawg02 likes this.
  2. IanB

IanB New Member

More work in the fab shop last night, figuring out the receiver tube, adding tabs for the rear mudflaps to attach to, etc. Also pulled off the front bumper, I'm going to have it powdercoated to match the rear bumper and sliders in a gunmetal grey to match the front grille and side moldings, should look great!

IMG_2735.JPG IMG_2737.JPG

RyanV likes this.
  3. IanB

IanB New Member

Changed my oil at 12,000kms, which included the summer roadtrip, and includes 15psi out to the west coast, and 22psi on the way back and ever since. Results are fantastic, with the recommendation to push the interval even further to 15,000kms! I'll be sticking to 10,000km intervals going forward.

Attached Files:

RyanV and Murrdawg02 like this.
  4. RyanV

RyanV Member

What's your "normal" drive in your truck? Eg. daily drive is 15kms city driving or do you drive a fair amount of highway on your commute? I haven't done an analysis since I've changed to 100% city driving, but my mixed highway/city commute had really good results at 10k kms. Similar to what you posted there.

How often do you clean your wheels in the winter? Do you put any protector on them? Mine still look ok at a distance, but when you get up close they are quite pitted which I think is from salt and probably the odd rock chip/impact. I'm not very diligent about cleaning them through the winter months, but that's partially because I can't get them all shined up in their current state anyway :(

5. IanB

IanB New Member

I don't normally drive my truck to work, but I will take it to walk the dog in the evenings, which is only a 10 min drive each way, and on the weekends I'll put a few hundred km of highway driving on it.

Wheels don't get any special care, just spray them off when I wash the truck, a couple times a year I might wipe them off with a towel when I'm drying it off. They have lots of pitting and little flaws in them as well, but I won't ever refinish them or I'd lose the sweet Engrish on the faces, lol!

6. Greg

Greg Local Grumpy Moderator

Have you ever thought of different headlights? Or Baking them and painting them black on the inside? There is so much chrome!

7. IanB

IanB New Member

Not really, no. I don't mind the chrome at all in this application, I've seen the blacked out ones and they always seem to either have, or look like they might as well have halo's, etc, and that's just not the look I'm going for on this truck. The OEM lenses are fluted glass, the crystal glass on these DEPO's looks much better IMO.

The bi-xenon projectors and 100w high bulbs make for phenomenal light output, and that is the important thing to me.

8. RyanV

RyanV Member

Where did you source the Depos from? I have the Euro spec glass right now. Light output is ok, but it depends on the bulbs I use. I suspect the Depos would be more than I'd want to spend. Especially since I've already got a few rock chips/cracks/holes in my glass Euro ones. I couldn't stomach the same if the Depos are expensive.

9. IanB

IanB New Member

Ebay seller "neondials", there isn't always stock available, but when there is I don't remember the price being out of control or anything, maybe like $300CAN?

I found the seller, currently only has the 6 piece set available at $300US:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/6PCS-91-92-9...m5d68f8ab52:m:mkENcMoxtJICIaRksoUQ9rA&vxp=mtr

RyanV likes this.
  10. RyanV

RyanV Member

Thanks Ian. I'll save that seller. If I make the change, I'd like to get the projector headlights like you've got so I can easily go HID. I suspect those reflector type are not much different than what I have in my truck right now.

11. RyanV

RyanV Member

12. IanB

IanB New Member

The one I'm looking for is tinted transparent like the window flares, OEM Toyota, with a couple little flaps similar to the OEM sunroof deflector. Good looking out though, if you ever see one like I've described, please let me know!

Edit: This is the one I'm after, but $5XXCAN plus shipping is a bit outside of what I'm looking to spend.

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g203073831

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  13. IanB

IanB New Member

Since I'm already posting, F&R bumpers, and sliders are all at the powdercoaters now, should get them back on the truck next week sometime! Feels like this has taken forever to get to this point, but I'm really excited to see how it all looks!

tperkins likes this.
  14. IanB

IanB New Member

Today is the big day, bumpers and sliders are going on this afternoon! Here's a few teaser shots from the shop once they got everything back from powdercoating.

IMG_2753[2].JPG IMG_2754[1].JPG IMG_2755[1].JPG

15. lenglish

lenglish Exiled Cult Member

Wow, those looks really good!

16. tperkins

tperkins Devout AYC Disciple

Really good!

17. IanB

IanB New Member

Thanks guys! I'm very happy with how everything turned out! Ran out of light for decent pics today, but here's a few teaser shots.

RHCY0037[1].JPG IMG_2758[1].JPG

Pajerist, lenglish and RyanV like this.
  18. tperkins

tperkins Devout AYC Disciple

Looks very good. Make me some :p

19. RyanV

RyanV Member

Definitely nice :)

20. IanB

IanB New Member

I pulled a pretty substantial trigger today!

The new sliders and rear bumper added some weight to the truck, and it's pretty obvious that my Fox IFP 2.0's don't just look like 3/4 of them are blown, they ride like it as well. Very disappointed in the life of these, and rather than rebuild them or replace with same I ordered the Icon Vehicle Dynamics Stage 1 kit which consists of 3" dual rate springs, shocks, castor correction bushings, swaybar drop brackets, and extended brake lines! From what others are seeing I may gain as much as an inch over my current setup, less would be better as I'm terrified it won't fit in my parkade at work...

$_12.JPG