1994 HDJ81 Toyota Land Cruiser

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by RyanV, Jul 18, 2013.

1. RyanV

RyanV Member

Thanks Ian. I did see that in the "post your gauges" thread or whatever it's called. The issue I'm finding is that most pods are set up for 52mm gauges and mine are 60mm. It looks like yours are 52mm. How do you find reading them at a glance from that angle (eg. pointing straight ahead)? I'm thinking I'd prefer to have mine angled towards the driver.

2. IanB

IanB New Member

With the shifter in gear I have a pretty good view of the gauges at a glance. You do have to look down, away from the road, but otherwise it's a nice, clean install and flows well with the interior. I prefer them down there to up on the A-pillar for sure.

I'll try and throw a caliper on the gauges tonight and post back as to their size. If "normal" gauges are 52mm, that's likely what mine are. There's a little bit more room there for bigger bezels, I'll try and measure the height of the flat portion and see if 60mm could squeeze in there as well.

3. IanB

IanB New Member

RyanV likes this.
  4. RyanV

RyanV Member

Thanks for that Ian. I'll have to take some measurements on mine as well and see if it will fit. If it does, I think that set up would be preferred. It's just that bit closer making it easier to read at a glance. I already have my water temp down on the center console and it's not bad to read, but I don't look at it too often. I'm going to keep the EGT up on the dash by the A-pillar, but I haven't decided if I want to have the boost there as well, put it somewhere else where it's easily visible or just put it down on the center console with the other gauges.